video, testi, traduzioni, interpretazioni...

lunedì 16 luglio 2012

Queen - Lily of the Valley


[1974]

Lily of the Valley

I am forever searching high and low
But why does ev'ryone tell me no?
Neptune of the seas, an answer for me please
The lily of the valley doesn't know...

I lie in wait with open eyes
I carry on thru' stormy skies
I follow ev'ry course my kingdom for a horse
But each time I grow old
Serpent of the Nile relieve me for a while
And cast me from your spell 
and let me go

Messenger from seven seas has flown
To tell the king of Rhye he's lost his throne
Wars will never cease
Is there time enough for peace?
The lily of the valley doesn't know
 
Giglio della valle (*)

Cerco sempre dappertutto
Ma perché tutti mi dicono di no?
Nettuno dei mari, una risposta per me per favore
Il Giglio della valle non lo sa...

Rimango in attesa con gli occhi aperti
Vado avanti attraverso cieli tempestosi
Seguo ogni corso il mio regno per un cavallo
Ma ogni volta divento vecchio
Serpente del Nilo dammi sollievo per un po'
E incantami grazie al tuo incantesimo 
e lasciami andare

Il messaggero dai sette mari è volato via
Per dire al re di Rhye che ha perso il trono
La guerra non cesserà mai
C'è abbastanza tempo per la pace?
Il giglio della valle non lo sa
(*) Mughetto