video, testi, traduzioni, interpretazioni...

mercoledì 25 luglio 2012

Phil Collins - Separate Lives


[1985]

Separate Lives

You called me from the room in your hotel
All full of romance for someone that you met
And telling me how sorry you were
leaving so soon
And that you miss me sometimes when
you're alone in your room
Do I feel lonely too?

You have no right to ask me how I feel
You have no right to speak to me so kind
We can't go on just
holding on to time
Now that we're living separate lives

Well I held on to let you go
And if you lost your love for me,
well you never let it show
There was no way to compromise
So now we're living (living)
Separate lives

Ooh, it's so typical,
love leads to isolation
So you build that wall (build that wall)
Yes, you build that wall (build that wall)
And you make it stronger

Well you have no right to ask me how I feel
You have no right to speak to me so kind
Some day I might (I might) find myself
looking in your eyes
But for now, we'll go on living separate lives
Yes for now, we'll go on living separate lives
Separate lives 
Vite Separate

Mi hai chiamato dalla stanza nel tuo albergo
In pieno idillio per qualcuno che hai incontrato
E mi hai detto quanto ti sia dispiaciuto
partire così presto
E che ti manco qualche volta quando
sei sola nella tua stanza
Mi sento solo anche io?

Non hai il diritto di chiedermi come mi sento
Non hai il diritto di parlarmi così cordialmente
Non possiamo andare avanti solo
aggrappandoci al tempo
Ora che stiamo vivendo vite separate

Beh, ioho aspetto a lasciarti andare
E se hai perso il tuo amore per me,
bene non lo hai mai fatto vedere
Non c’era una via di compromesso
Quindi ora stiamo vivendo (vivendo)
Vite separate

Ooh, è proprio tipico,
l’amore conduce all’isolamento
Così hai costruito quel muro (costruito quel muro)
Si, hai costruito quel muro (costruito quel muro)
E lo rendi più forte

Non hai il diritto di chiedermi come mi sento
Non hai il diritto di parlarmi così cordialmente
Un giorno potrei (potrei) ritrovarmi a
guardare nei tuoi occhi
Ma per ora, stiamo vivendo vite separate
Si per ora, stiamo vivendo vite separate 
Vite separate